Saturday, January 9, 2016

Arkansas Artists Exhibit and sale on Just Be wall art decor Print




The Arkansas Arts Council 2016 Small Works on paper exhibit kicked off in Batesville this past week. Now in its 29th year, Small Works on Paper is a juried visual art exhibition that showcases artwork no larger than 18 x 24 inches by Arkansas artists who are members of the Arkansas Artist Registry. The Small Works on paper exhibition travels to 10 venues throughout the state in a yearlong show. You can see the touring schedule HERE. I am so honored that my above mixed media piece, Just Be, was selected for the exhibit.

This original piece is mixed media on paper and has multiple layers of paint, ink and papers, vibrant colors and heavy texture. In 2015, God really impressed on me to just "Be". I guess "Be" kind of became my word for the year. 

I love Psalm 46:10. "He says, be still and know that I am God..." As I meditated on this verse, I was convicted time and time again to be still, be present or just be in the moment. These are all real daily struggles for me. It's so hard for me to "Be Still", especially in my time with the Lord. Not only do I think I need to be doing something all the time, but even if I do sit still, my mind is still in overdrive. Another struggle for me is to "Be present." I know I'm great about being with my family and friends and making them a priority, but more often than not my mind is somewhere else. I'm good at dreaming or thinking about the next thing on my list, when I need to just "Be" with who is in front of me. This also goes hand in hand with learning to "Be" in the moment. I tend to look ahead and anticipate the next thing, whether it's a stage in life or an event, instead of just enjoying the present moment. All these thoughts inspired this painting and help me to remember to "Just Be". Hope you enjoy and maybe you need this little reminder to "Just Be" everyday like I do.

The original piece is for sale (you have to wait till the end of the exhibition to get it), but I'm also offering limited prints through my Etsy Shop. As you can see, this artwork looks great framed and matted out in white. It is perfect to brighten up any bedroom, nursery, bathroom or office. And since they are the perfect size to fit into a ready made frame, they make a great gift. The print is approximately 8.5" x 8.5" and is professionally printed with fade resistant 19 pt. Savoy Cotton archival paper and ink.

To celebrate the kick off of the exhibit, I'm offering a 20% discount to my readers, through the end of February. Use code JUSTBE20 at checkout. Click HERE to purchase this print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....