Saturday, July 7, 2012

Painting Pablo Picasso

Looking for kid friendly books on great artists, click picture above for information.


If you missed the first in the Copy Cat Workshop series from last week, click here to see our Van Gogh paintings. 


This painting, "Asleep"(1932) by Pablo Picasso looked like it would be a simple one to copy, but it turned out to be very challenging. It was another great exercise in using "lines", and painting what you see, instead of what you think you see. It also helped the students practice looking at negative and positive space. This is, of course, is a great example of abstract art.


These were painted in acrylics on a 12 x 12 stretched canvas.


For kid friendly facts on Picasso, check out this website.




Check out this site when teaching kids about famous artists!


24850_Free Shipping When You Spend $75 - No Exclusions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....