Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Art Journals


Each summer I always get some old books for my kids and we make art journals for the summer. The hardbound books from the Dollar Store work great, or even just a composition notebook.


These are great for doodling on a rainy day, using in the car when traveling, and for those "I'm bored" moments.


They also journal about their summer reading....


and summer trips and activities...


We pretreat some pages with gesso, some with a watercolor wash and some with acrylic paint. Black acrylic paint works great for journaling with gel pens. I keep a big bin filled with stamps, markers, gel pens, colored pencils, sharpies, etc...


These doodles were just done with a black sharpie and then colored with crayons-right over the text.


I love this art journal idea over at Art Projects for Kids. There are also some great art journal sites out there. Daisy Yellow has some great journaling prompts and good tips for journaling with kids. Also, if you follow me on Pinterest I have a board with my favorite art journaling ideas that I've run across out there.

Do your kids journal? Would love to hear your ideas!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....