Monday, June 25, 2012

Crazy Hair Portrait Paintings


This painting idea of Crazy Hair Portraits was inspired by a lesson I first saw on Pinterest, but it came from Mrs. Brown's Art Class website. I adapted the ideas for paints, and to teach the concepts I wanted to emphasize for a younger age group. 


We learned about lines; how many different types of lines there are, how they can show texture, motion, mood, etc.


We learned the terms "portrait" and "abstract".


We learned about the color wheel - primary and secondary colors.


We learned about patterns with lines and with color.


We learned about cool and warm colors.


There are a ton of great teaching possibilities with this lesson.


These were done by students between the ages of 7 and 10.


We used acrylic paint on a 16 x 20 stretched canvas.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....