Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Work in Progress

I thought I would try to start posting what I'm currently working on in my studio-paintings that I have in progress or have just finished. Here's a 12 x 12 mixed media on canvas that I just completed today.


I started out using my Gelli Arts Printing Plate. I used some stencils and acrylic paint and printed in three different sections. Using india ink in a liner applicator, I drew in the flowers. I used acrylic paint and a hand made stamp for the small flowers. I applied the white dots with my fingers.


Here I've added more detail with a hand carved leaf stamp and added color with Elmer's Acrylic painters pens. I painted the flowers using a stencil and acrylic paint. Doodles and writing were done with a white Uni ball Signo  and  black Scarlet Lime Permaball pilot pen. 


I finished off the piece with some shading with my Neocolor II crayons, some more stamps and a little distress ink around the edges. Look for this piece at Reinvented Vintage in West Little Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....