Thursday, February 2, 2012

Marc Chagall Inspired Art


I'm going through a ton of old pictures and trying to catch up on posting lessons. Here's a Marc Chagall inspired lesson. 


This lesson idea comes from The Incredible Art Department


It was done with oil pastels. I've found that students get tired when they have to color in such large areas with oil pastels, and have to really be encouraged to finish it. Even though these turned out  pretty, it's not a project I've ever repeated because they students seem to really complain about the process.


I think the student's favorite thing about this project was telling their "story". When everyone completed their art, I gave each student a chance to tell their story and they really loved that.


I think this would be a great home school supplement for a vacation or field trip, even on a smaller scale as a journal entry. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....