Thursday, February 9, 2012

Painting Abstract Hearts for Valentine Day

Let's Paint!

 

Thanks for joining me for my first "Let's Paint" post! 
Here's a fun painting idea perfect for Valentine's Day, and can even be tied to learning about artist Jim Dine. We used acrylic paints and a 12 x 12 stretched canvas. Painted in a loose abstract style, we used warm colors for the heart and cool colors for our background.

 

We used a little gel medium to collage on some coordinating papers, and then broke out the glitter!
 I love the way these turned out!








Join me each Friday for a quick "Let's Paint" idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....