Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Artistic Gifts


I love getting hand made gifts, do you? I also love giving them, but never seems like I have enough time to create enough to give to everyone I want. I usually do a better job of posting my Christmas creations during the holidays, but this year I took a break from the computer so I could focus on more on my family. So... I hope you're not too tired of Christmas to read a quick post highlighting some of the crafts and artistic gifts I created during the holidays. 

 We made some of the above burlap Christmas tree door hangers to give to friends and teachers.


 I did a lot of Santa paintings this year, both to give and for others to give.


We went with all hand made ornaments on our real tree this year-first time ever! Here's a cute ornament  I made from a jar lid. Got this idea from Better Homes and Gardens. 


I painted some abstract collage crosses for some of my special friends.





I had to recreate some cute hand painted ornaments I'd seen at the local Hallmark Store-the $22 price tag was a little too high for me. I did these by first pouring acrylic paint into a clear glass ornament and then embellished with metallic paint and puff paint.




Helped one of my little bits paint a picture for Grandma (actually she did this all on her own!)
I had so many students this year who created paintings to give to their relatives for Christmas that it inspired me to have my kids do the same. What a great gift anytime of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....