Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Watermelon Paintings


I wrapped up my last two summer painting workshops this week with watermelon still life paintings in acrylic. I encouraged students to focus on the beautiful colors in our subject to inspire them in their paintings. Here's some highlights. 













This group wanted to take a bite out of their watermelon before they painted it! Gotta love the creativity of a child! This was a younger group so we simplified and went for the whimsical look.


I always teach them to plan and practice before they start their paintings.














Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful compositions from your students.
    I love the strong colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I thought they did a great job too! The colors make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....