Monday, June 20, 2016

Trends in handmade markets.


I've been an artist for about 10 ten years now, painting and selling mostly as a hobby until this year. I've been a fan of handmade gifts and craft fairs as long as I can remember, but in the past few years most of the craft/gifts shows I've been to have left me disappointed. It seems that most booths have a lot of the same items, and they are ones that have a "mass produced" feel, instead of a one-of-a-kind feel. Anyone with me here? 

I live in the craft show mecca, with one of the largest, War Eagle, right here in my own backyard. I always have a wonderful time, and will continue to go every time I can, but the last time I went, I saw a lot of the same things over and over again. Some were the same items I see in the local stores. Of course, I go for the whole experience, but also to seek out those crafters who have put their heart and soul into their pieces-it's the reason I fell in love with craft shows to begin with.

I've even noticed on that on Etsy, a lot of the editors picks or featured items are not pieces that have been truly hand-crafted. Don't get me wrong, I carry prints of my original artwork so that I have a variety of options and price ranges for my customers, but most of my pieces are truly hand made by my hands.

Fortunately, I'm blessed to have wonderful customers who still love to purchase a one-of-a-kind, hand painted work of art. I'm very thankful they continue to make it possible to keep doing what I love to do! 

Every day this week I am adding new art to my shop. All purchases through tomorrow will receive a free gift, and if you sign up for my newsletter you can receive a discount code. My shipping is always on the house! 

Click HERE to shop. Share with a friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....