Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chagall inspired Story Art



My service student put together this great display of some of the Marc Chagall inspired artworks created by my 5th graders this semester. 


We started off our lesson learning about Marc Chagall and characteristics of his style of abstract art. We watched a great short video on Biography.com that the kids loved, and also looked through two storybooks on Marc Chagall.


Using liquid water colors, students created a colorful background.


I showed a sample of artwork I had created and told a story of my memories behind the pictures-the kids love this! Then I asked each of them to use the back of their paper and brainstorm a list of words that communicated a story or memory they wanted to tell. Then students drew images for each word, turning the page each time so the images floated around the page. Students drew in pencil first, outlined in Sharpie, and then colored in with construction paper crayons.

If you would like to see more samples of student works for this project, visit our gallery over at Artsonia.

1 comment:

  1. A Fantastic interpretation of Chagall! Lots of creative individual thought going into these!

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....