Monday, March 3, 2014

Art Journaling in Mixed Media

I've been hard pressed for time lately, plus with this weather it's been too cold in my studio, so I've been turning to my art journal to create. Just loved creating all day by a cozy fire today. I've come up with some great new color combos, inspiration ideas and have had a chance to try out some new techniques. I thought I would share a brief tutorial of how I created this mixed media page in my journal today.


First, I started by Mod Podging some magazine scraps, scrapbook paper and heart doilies to my journal page.


Next, using a Tim Holtz acrylic paint dabber, I covered the white space with yellow. Then I used an old gift card to drag more acrylic paint over the page. 


Using a stencil, acrylic paint and gesso, I continued to add more texture to the page. I cut out my face shape from an old coloring book page and glued it in place.


More details and more texture.


….and more texture with some stamping, a little shading, details, and final embellishments with some chip board painted cutouts.


I just loved how she turned out!

I just added a new "shop" tab to my blog, and will be adding new art for sale each week. I'm working on some cool gift tags, magnets and will have printed cards. If you want to keep up with my most current works, follow me on Facebook!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....