Thursday, September 5, 2013

Feed My Sheep

One of my favorite painting styles is mixed media. Just something about the layers, the texture, tearing of paper, and intermingling of colors that is soothing to me. Many times when I have my quiet time in the morning, I will journal in pictures as I read scripture. I love to take those images that pop into my head and put them on canvas-it's almost like a form of worship to me. This past week I've created a whole set of mini mixed media canvases inspired by my recent quiet times. I thought I'd share with you some of the things God has been putting on my heart.


As my kids are all growing and moving into a season where they are more self sufficient, it's had been easy for me to take a breath, and drift into lazy parenting. God has really impressed upon my heart again this year that I need to press on with being intentional in my parenting-spending the majority of my time caring for my flock. After all, it's a job I only get to do once.


Proverbs 24:3-4 says, "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established, through knowledge it's rooms are are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." Only by seeking God and His wisdom can I stay on the path he has for me. My family is the most precious gift, outside of my salvation, that God has given me here on earth. I'm so thankful God has given me enough wisdom thus far to keep pursuing him, and stay focused on what he has charged me with as a wife and mom.


I have so many plans and dreams...for me, and my kids, but God keeps gently reminding me His plans are so much better.


And one of my favorites-I love to pray this verse-Lord, be my strength and my song!

All these and more will all be packaged up nice and neat, for sale at Reinvented Vintage this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....