Monday, September 23, 2013

Do It Yourself Rustic Frames

Since I post most of my creative things on this blog now, I thought I'd move over some of the most popular posts from my old blog that featured a collection of creative things from cooking to DIYs. Here is one the top read posts. These are so simple and turn out super cute.


I wish I could also take credit for the photography here, but my neighbor took this beautiful photo, and she's not even a professional. I had to have a frame for it, but didn't want to spend big bucks for the look I was going after, so here is the result of my "el cheapo" idea.



I purchased a ready made 16 x 20 unfinished wood frame at Michaels for 40% off (about $7)
Purchased a large sheet of unfinished birch bead board from Home Depot (around $38-but keep in mind I can make about 6 to 8 frames out of this depending on the sizes). Then I went to Savers and picked up some old wood frames in smaller sizes (.99 cents each).


Cut your bead board to the size of the largest frame (in this case I cut it to fit a 16 x 20). Stain all the woods, paint and add glaze/distressing. Then glue all the pieces together. The only downside is that in order to change the picture you have to pop off the smaller frame from the bead board backing. I just attached it with drops of hot glue in each corner so it would be easier to remove.



Since this post, I've made a whole collection of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....