Monday, May 7, 2012

Matt McLeod Workshop

(12 x 12 oil-California Koi)

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted, I know. April was a busy, but productive month for me. I've had several children's painting workshops, completed a huge commission, donated to the Baker Elementary Auction, and had the opportunity to attend a Matt McLeod Painting Workshop for three days. I also entered in my "California Koi" oil painting in the Arkansas League of Artists Spring Show and received third place in the wildlife/animal category-woo hoo!

I wanted to post some highlights from the Matt McLeod Workshop. Matt is a very talented Arkansas Artist, known for his innovative use of color. He mostly paints in oils, and I was so intrigued to learn how he keeps his colors so vibrant. He has amazing drawing and hand skills, and really emphasizes the importance of these in his workshop, so it pushed me a little out of my comfort zone. Be sure and check out his artwork at www.MattMcLeod.com.


Photo of Matt's dog that he used for inspiration.


Here's Matt's underpainting in black gesso.






His finished piece-amazing detail and color!


Here's my thumb nail sketch and painting I completed during the workshop.



You can see the photo I was working from taped above the painting in the photo.



Finished piece


No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....