Thursday, January 20, 2011

Training your children to help those in need

"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise."
Psalm 8:2


Today is a very special day for God! And for me too! I have been so blessed over the past three years to be connected with a group of families that are constantly pursuing the call to help those in need and instill service into the hearts of their children. They do more than just "tell" their children to love their neighbor, they show them. Or I guess I should remember, GOD is teaching them, how to train their children to love their neighbor.He has been so faithful to do just that for me through Kidz RAP-KidzReaching All People.


Our family started serving with Kidz RAP three years ago when I home-schooled my girls, then ages 3, 6 and 9. One of my prayers for that year was that God would allow me to teach my children about helping those in need by being able to serve "with" them on a regular basis.

Frustration entered as I searched for a program that was "kid friendly" for our age range. To my dismay, I could not find one place in our city that had a place for us to all serve together. "But God"..... After many phone calls, someone told me about a new program called Kidz RAP. Kidz RAP was helping set up a home school group to serve monthly at one of our local food banks, and all ages were welcome. Even as we re-entered school the following year, we were blessed that Kidz RAP was establishing a monthly after school program there too. How amazing God is to answer our prayers when we are truly seeking His will!


So over the past three years, through Kidz RAP, God continues to grow a strong desire in my heart for helping those in need. Teaching this truth to my children is becoming one of my greatest passions. Now, my prayer is that others will know the JOY of serving Him in this way. I am blessed to join a group of families who have created www.kidzrap.com. Now, where ever you may be, you can have access to hands-on, kid-friendly projects, plus the support you need to implement a Kidz RAP program in your area!

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."
3 John 1:4

JOY!- Seeing my 8 year old and her friend eagerly drying dishes, serving food and offering kind words to the homeless at one of our homeless shelters.


JOY! Watching my 5 year old, eagerly race back and forth between me and her dad to wash and dry dishes.


JOY! Listening to my twelve year old and her friends compassionately talk about the homeless children she met while we served at the shelter.


Please check out the new website and blog at www.kidzrap.com and share it with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....