Thursday, October 22, 2009

Secondary color abstract lesson







This is a great lesson to practice mixing colors and also introduce the concept 0f Abstract painting. I give the students a 16 x 20 canvas and five colors-red, blue, yellow, white and black (I use acrylic). I challenge them to make at least two of each orange, green and purple. I let them divide their canvas with a ruler or straight edge any way they wish as long as they have at least 6 to 9 sections. The students are always amazed at the colors they can create on their own and the piece itself turns out beautiful.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....