Sunday, November 28, 2010

Art and Literature



Like many of you art teachers out there, I follow Deep Space Sparkle, Out of this World Art Lessons for Kids blog. Last spring I ordered one of Patty's Art and Literature PDF lesson plans for just $5.00. I finally got around to using them this fall in my daughter's kindergarten class, and I was totally impressed with the lessons, and the results! It was well worth the $5.00. The lessons are perfect for younger children; they have easy to follow directions and templates; and they incorporate great, age appropriate books. Plus, the kids LOVED them-in this particular lesson they went crazy over getting to decorate their hats! We had 13 children and about 45 minutes to complete the project. Most students finished except for gluing on the hat. We had a few that finished up the next class day. Here's some pics. You can click on the link below to get to Patty's blog and here's the link for the specific PDF that I ordered.

Deep Space Sparkle







All of the supplies needed for the projects were already available in the classroom except for the items needed to decorate the hats. I just brought some leftover ribbon scraps, yarn, buttons, etc., from home.






Can't wait to do another one!



preschool corner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....