Friday, April 2, 2010


There are a ton of great lessons out there inspired by artist Wayne Thiebaud. This lesson focuses on texture and form.


We used canvas panels, modeling paste and acrylic paints. Starting off was actually like icing a cake. The kids had a blast working with the modeling paste to create their texture.


We used one hour long session to talk about the artist himself, his style of art, and his color palette. We practiced drawing forms and then sketched out our selected pastries and treats. Lastly we spread on our paste to the canvas panels and drew in our design with palette knives. This needs to dry for about 24 hours before it can be painted. The second one hour session was spent painting our treats! For best results, paint a base coat first or use a primer.


Don't they look delicious?





No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited when I receive a comment and I do read each and everyone of them! I wish I had time to respond to each one personally. Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you will be back soon!

You also might like....